Friday, March 09, 2007

 

rough beginnings

I went out for a 40 mile ride with my dad today and about 20 miles outside of town I wrecked hard. I was on my old mountain bike on County road F going about 30 mph and decided to see if I could bunny hop to pressure cracks that were close together. I think I cleared it but landed with the front wheel slightly crooked. I endoed the bike and flew 25 feet hitting my head hard and skidding on my rear end across the pavement. I got up right away and everything seemed to be ok...

I definetely need a new helmet...

...and I don't know how but I injured my foot somehow and busted up some blood veins which caused this nasty blood deposit. I also got some light road rash on my behind but i'm not posting any pictures of that.

The funny thing is yesterday I went out for a ride flatted ten miles outside of town with no spare tube and rode it in on the rim (remarkably I didn't ruin anything) and thought that was bad luck. It could always be worse. Though I'm a little shaken I can't wait to get out and ride again



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?