Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

Just because....

Today, after work, I went for a short ride around Shell Lake. It was kind of windy but not too bad and about 20 degrees. This is about the coldest temperature that is actually tolerable for riding any real distance (though i have ridden more than 15 miles at about 10 degrees). The unusual weather patterns of late have made it extremely difficult to work out regularly so i've been struggling a little bit. I started lifting weights with some friends just for something to do and to build some core strength to prevent back problems from riding. Other than that I've just been keepin' busy with school and workin' on the weekends.

I recently started working on a vintage Sekai 2500. the bike was made in '77 and is in ok shape. It had a pretty decent layer of grime on it when i got it from sitting around in a garage for WAY too long. I took all the components off the frame, roughly cleaned most of them, repacked the wheel bearings, trued the wheels, ordered some needed parts, and am preparing to repaint the frame. I'm really excited to see how the whole project comes out. I got the bike for free from a friend and shouldn't end up with very much invested in it (besides alot of hardwork) so I really can't go wrong. I'll get some pictures up for sure on the next blog!!!!

GET OUT AND RIDE!!!!!!!!

Comments:
I'd like to see how your project with the Sekai comes out. Can you post some pics? Thanks..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?