Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Wors #... whos counting anyway?



This weekend me and my dad loaded up the Super Duty and headed to Philips for the Dirtfighter classic. I managed to get in a decent warm-up with Chadly, Chase, and John and made sure to ingest plenty of fluids pre-race. I lined up to the start next to chase and we were both totally pumped. I ended up sitting back about 10 riders for the start of the mile or so of road leadout. When we hit the dirt I got on the front until we hit the first singletrack. I got knocked down by another rider and had to run up the hill. I ended up tagging a rock with my foot, not my pedal, and my big toe on my left foot is all black. The rest of the race panned out to be pretty normal. I fell back a ways on the first two laps. I passed chase walking his bike alongside the trail. I saw John hanging out trailside in his chamois cheering all of us on. The third lap I sped things up a bit realizing that I was riding way to slowly, and the fourth lap I picked it up quit a bit more. I ended up with another age class award and a little piece of mind. It feels good to finally come out of the awful rut that I've been experiencing lately, though my results this weekend were far form spectacular.

THis upcoming weekend I'll be heading down to do 24-9 with Paul, Curt, and Mike. I just bought everything I could possibly need from the shop and am pretty much ready to roll. I'm sure it won't be as exciting when I have to wake up at 3:00am to go ride my bike, but thats just how it goes. Anyway good luck to all the other racers!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?