Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Wors #5

The race started out on a dusty fireroad leadout. I sat 3rd wheel behind John Beck and Mitch Gantz up until the singletrack they started gapping me and a rider pulled around and I followed his wheel as we closed the gap. I was winding through the trees of the singletrack when all of a sudden I got slammed to the ground. i got back up and was passed by a whole crew of riders, out of lack of caring I didn't cut any of them off to get back in, after that I just couldn't get back into it. I ended up quitting the race, with a nasty cut on my hand as a lame excuse. Truth is it was just not my day, but I still wish I wouldn't have quit. When I claimed that it was just too hot out there i think that Ron said it best when he said, "join the club." Everybody had a hard day out there, for most a harder day than mine. Congratulations to Johnny Beck for an awesome ride! Thanks to Chad, Chase, TJ, Mark, and John for letting me hang with you dudes this weekend. I should've just sucked it up like that dude from "Hills Have EYEs." He totally hucked all over those inbreds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?